Monday, February 26, 2018

Case Study: NYC Trip

Here is a case study of TapToCount - 3W app usage. In October, 2017, we had a trip to New York City. I used TapToCount - 3W app to record our complete trip with most events and activities.

Preparation


First, a tap entity has to be created. For all my travels, I created one tap entity called "My Travels". I'll tap all my travel events and activities within this group.



I enabled location feature for this tap entity so that all the tap items within this group will have location information recorded.



For our NYC trip, I need a specific tap item, then added a tap item: New York. This would be the place I tap to record my New York trip events and activities.




Tap, Tap, Tap...


With above preparation ready, I was ready to record my trip simply by tapping! Here is the view where I could tap my events and activities. After I finished my trip, I realize that I have tapped 116 times to record various events and activities with date & time and location information.

In order for me to remember for those taps, at the time when I tapped, I entered a brief note as a hint, and then I edit the note with detail description when I had time.



Here is the map view of all taps, from our home in Calgary, Canada to NYC, USA.



To get better view of my trip, I use the search feature to narrow my trip activities down to date.



I tapped 18 times from leaving home at Calgary early in the morning at 6:52am on Oct 21, at 10:37am when the plan took off, to the time we arrived at New York at 3:12 pm.



Then from the airport to NYC by taking Airtrain, to the time we arrived at our AirBnB destination house. Then we had our meal at a Chinese takeout restaurant, near by a local market mall, and the first night walking at Hamilton park to watch evening sight of NYC high-rise buildings.






For each tap, I entered a brief description about what happened. Here is the note about taking Airtrain leaving airport area and transferring to Terminal Station in NYC.



Here is the map view of our first day at NYC!



the second day in NYC:



and remaining dates:





Bring Back Memories


Now I sit in my couch, continue to view my taps on the second day, third day..., and review my NYC trip taps in my iPhone TapToCount - 3W app. All the detailed memoirs are coming back, the places, the time, as well as duration and distance between taps.

Do you remember detail information about your last trip? What happened on each day on your vacation? Where did you visit local historical, culture or scenery site, when, how long and how did you get there? Do you remember where had your exotic and delicious meal? How could you recommend and share the information to your family members or friends?

Based on the information I have in my TapToCount - 3W app, I flip the photos we took in iPhone/Mac photo albums. All those great memories and stories are playing just like a refreshing movie!

Here are just a few photos out off hundreds I took during NYC trip:

AirBnB house we stayed, very nice and comfortable!







and great moments we stayed and enjoyed in NYC.
















What valuable memoirs I now can recall from my simply taps! We love TapToCount -3W app.

No comments:

Post a Comment